1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Toaster/egg poacher in one!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by suburbanchick, Apr 19, 2007.

1. suburbanchick

suburbanchick Songster

Apr 7, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Anyone have one of these? I'm thinking about getting one and keeping it at the office, as this is where I eat my b-fast. I'm SO sick of oatmeal every morning and will hopefully have lots of good eggs every day in a few months.

They are about $40 in Walmart, which is kind of pricey, but worth it if it works. According to the reviews on Amazon, everyone is pleased with it.

http://eggandmuffintoaster.com/

2. Jimagination

Jimagination Songster

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    A friend of mine has one and he brags about it all the time. Evidently it is pretty good!

3. keljonma

keljonma Songster

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    It might be less expensive to use a small buttered mug or ramekin and poach the egg in the microwave (if available at work) and toast the muffin or bread in a toaster. Toasters cost as little as $10 if you don't get a fancy one.

To poach an egg in the microwave:
    Put about two teaspoons of water in the bottom of a mug or ramekin, add the egg and microwave on low power until the whites have congealed, leaving the yolk runny. Usually takes a couple of minutes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  4. cat

cat Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    I have one of these and I have to admit, it was worth every penny. Mine boils, poaches, frys or makes an omlette, as well as making toast and warming through pre-cooked sausage or bacon!

My DH bought it and put it with a coffee machine in the bedroom, so saturdays and sundays we can eat and have coffee together... its my favourite part of the weekend, before everyone else wakes up and it gets real busy.

Sometimes a little luxury makes all the difference to your quality of life and if you are going to use it all week in work, why the heck not, it will work out costing pennies per breakfast.

5. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:That's so sweet! Wish my hubby could think of something like that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun
    (Just a little frustrated right now, sorry)

That is too cute, though.... [​IMG]

6. cat

cat Songster

Jul 9, 2008
    Quote:That's so sweet! Wish my hubby could think of something like that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :thun
    (Just a little frustrated right now, sorry)

That is too cute, though.... [​IMG]

yes, he is great, but don't think for one minute there aren't days I could bury him under the chicken run [​IMG]

7. apbgv

apbgv Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    We have one at work I use it all the time, quick hard boiled eggs for a snack, egg sandwiches, love it.

8. BettyR

BettyR Songster 10 Years

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I've never seen one, can someone post a picture. Try as I might I can't for the life of me imagine what they would look like.

9. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    My MIL has one and loves it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: