1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tobacco slide/sled coop!!! PICTURES!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    So I have a chicken coop at my house but want chickens at my boyfriends house... i would put them everywhere... he has a bunch of old tobacco slides sitting around so he said i could use one!! I raised the front about 8 inches and the back 3 then i took some more pf the old wood beside the tobacco slide ( which fit perfectly didnt even have to cut) and filled in th gaps in front and back... now all I have to do is add a door to one side for me and a door on the back for my hens!! I would like a rollaway nest since it isnt but about 48 inches tall but it would only be three nest wide and I would want them to roll to the end of the coop so that i wouldnt have to try to climb in to run or the coop!! any ideas?? ill post pics asap!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

I subscribed to this cause I gotta see the pics. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I'll be checking this one...I have no idea what a tobacco slide is!

4. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I was raised on a tobacco farm and live on one now and I dont know myself! Like a sled for transport? gotta see those pics.

5. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    yea!! we call them slides and sleds lol it looks like a box about waist tall with runners unerneath is like a sled with a box on it lol!!! i am excited about it!! plan on paintg a barn quilt for the front!

6. wolfandfinch

wolfandfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    Quote:we need pics!!!

7. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    well i wont be back over there till thursday!! lol but maybe he will take me some pics and shoot them my way!! ill try my best!!

8. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

9. ACraZyLittLeChiCkenGirl

Nov 10, 2009
    Pinnacle, NC
    hahahaha!! lol is it really that interesting???

10. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I am very interested, I have a new mental picture but our sled must be smaller than what yall use so I cant mentally think how this is gonna look.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by