TODAY Emergency Radio / Flashight $4.95

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebryant, Apr 19, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Waterproof Dynamo Hand Powered Radio With Super Bright LED Flashlight- Princess International SR-476

I paid $50 for one of these for Anne's last Christmas present. One sale a day ( 1saleaday ) has them for $4.95 today only. http://www.1saleaday.com/

I ordered three, another one for us and one each for my son and daughter. That way we'll have one in the house and one in the car.

2. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Are they sturdy? Like 8yo boy sturdy?

3. joebryant

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

Are they sturdy? Like 8yo boy sturdy?

Yep!

Edit: Perhaps I should have mentioned that my son and daughter are married and in their early forties.

Edit #2: FYI Anne's a Cougar, and I was only ten when she married me, a child groom.​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    Actually, I remembered that your wife had stolen you right out of the sand box. I asked about the durability because I really hate the disappointment that goes with getting the kids things that fall apart. We have a summer of cub scout camp on the horizon and it seems like a nifty little gadget as long as it will hold up. I try to get the boys in my den a small gift for crossover (moving from one rank to the next) that they can use at camp. Last year it was a compass/whistle combo, the year before it was a fanny pack. I deffinately don't want to repeat that whistle thing though. lol.
    Thanks

5. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, that's pretty cool! Thanks! I ordered a couple of them and forwarded the info to my survivalist group.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That site reminds me of woot.com. [​IMG]

7. joebryant

Quote:I'm always amazed at the FREE stuff. Some is unbelievable, and the FAMOUS watches... sometimes as much as 95% off. I bought a $450 three-chronograph Pulsar for $35 about two months ago shortly after my nephew showed the site to me. I have to fight buying a new watch almost every day. I wonder if it's like this around Christmas time.

Edit: I just checked today's watch that's going for $39; it's selling for $395 on Amazon.com .

http://www.amazon.com/Stuhrling-Original-Concorso-Strada-605-33161/dp/B0013Z9PT8

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by