today I found a...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Apr 12, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    fossil in the garden. My shovel struck a rock as I was turning over some soil and broke it open and I found imprints of small fish in there. IT was neat. I have several such fossils I've found around here over the years. This area is rich in fossils.
    I brought it in to show the family and of course we ooed and awed over it as we always do.

That got me thinking. What is the strangest, funniest, or all around neatest thing you or someone else you know has found?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    That is really neat-enjoy your new treasure. Some relatives of my mom's husband found an 80 year old quilt in their attic.

3. My mom found an old, rusty ax head while planting her flowers. I found an old, bent up, rusty hammer that my brother(?) lost before he went college...

4. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    when I first bought this property I found an old hand forged shovel in the woods that must have been older than I was. After a lot of hard work i got it polished up and it is still usable! Well it needed a new handle but other than that, it's great.

5. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Well this is not quite the same thing but years ago I was searching for a job and kept searching further and further from home as the months went on with no luck. Finally I went on an interview in a city 2 hours away. I was so disheartened and annoyed by the fact that parking and lunch in that city cost me $40 I could ill afford. As I was walking back to my car after the interview, I looked down and there were two 20 dollar bills on the floor of the parking garage.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Cool find! [​IMG]

7. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Quote:It kind of felt like pennies from heaven.

8. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:that is pretty cool!

9. hikerchick

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Oh wait- were you talking to me or the OP? Sorry if I was being presumptuous.

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    We found a buried school type bell on our place, valued at $600. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by