Today, I paid all of my parents debts...

Spookwriter

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Ohio
As you know, my father passed away on Christmas Day.
Quite hard on Mom...56 years of marriage.

Long time together.

Dad left some debts. Debts Mom couldn't handle on her
own. Didn't take some people very long to begin to harass
her.

She's stressed out. Hasn't been resting.

Today I was blessed to be able to simply pay off every single
debt my parents had. Just started at one end of of her bills and
wrote to the other. Then put a few extra dollars in her account.

For whatever time my mother has left on this earth, she will be
taken care of.

I'm not rich...but I had that much.

So to be able to take this burden from my mom, I'm glad I
was able to do that.

Spook...

That is wonderful
smile.png

Hi Spook,

We did that for my mother-in-law and it was something she worried about all the time - now she just has to keep current...

My mother left no debts fortunately. My father on the other hand had £80,000 worth of credit card debt. An £80,000 loan that was supposed to pay off the credit card debt but didn't. Several cheque book accounts all with large over drafts and other loans with different banks all in it totalled about £250,000. According to UK law if you die without an estate as he did the debt dies with you so I pent three years telling banks to go away as they were not and did not get one penny from me.

My mother left no debts fortunately. My father on the other hand had £80,000 worth of credit card debt. An £80,000 loan that was supposed to pay off the credit card debt but didn't. Several cheque book accounts all with large over drafts and other loans with different banks all in it totalled about £250,000. According to UK law if you die without an estate as he did the debt dies with you so I pent three years telling banks to go away as they were not and did not get one penny from me.

Back
Top Bottom