today i put 48 eggs in incubator.

tashtash

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 23, 2012
Perth Western Australia
Hi today i put 48 eggs in the incubator. i have silver laced wyandotte and some mixed breed suprise eggs. and 2 of my own as im not sure if mine are fertile yet. so mine are trial and see. join with me if you are putting eggs in to.

Hi today i put 48 eggs in the incubator. i have silver laced wyandotte and some mixed breed suprise eggs. and 2 of my own as im not sure if mine are fertile yet. so mine are trial and see. join with me if you are putting eggs in to.
highfive.gif

is it ok to have them in a single layer in bator then have some sitting on top of others. im thinking just till i candle them and take out ones that have not taken. it says it can fit 60 chicken eggs but my single layer is less than 60. I now have 72 eggs in there. a friend gave me 2 doz so i stacked them on top of others. my chicks are now about 6-7 days old and have wing feathers and one has some on there bum. lol!!!!!! Its so cute.

Out of 2 doz =24 Eggs i only got 10 chicks. i was a bit disappointed but im hoping that out if the 72 i now have in my incubator i will get loads more chicks. 72 chicks due 17th Feb

Sally its ok to have some stacked on top of others right ? Please tell me if im wrong or what halm it can do. i don't want to take them out and throw away if i have a potential chick.

Sally its ok to have some stacked on top of others right ? Please tell me if im wrong or what halm it can do. i don't want to take them out and throw away if i have a potential chick.
I am guilty of this, until I pull inferts, but I have a very powerful fan... do u have a fan and how close to the elements are the eggs? Its best to keep moving eggs around if you do this....

yeah when i rotate eggs from X and O i jigsaw them around i put some up top and some down. but i did remove the top tray as a few were getting bumped by the tray. do you know this bator have you seen one. do u think its ok tho.

Back
Top Bottom