Today I Quit Stalking, and Joined the Forum

DocBirdBrain

Songster
8 Years
Sep 13, 2011
Hello BYC! I've been quietly stalking you for a while, but today I finally signed up and put my 2 cents in. I wanted to go with the name Bird Brain, but it was already taken. So I had to add "Doc". I hope I'm not misrepresenting myself.
hmm.png

I am not a licensed veterinarian, and won't be one until May 2012. I am a senior veterinary student with a strong interest in backyard poultry, and I'm taking every chicken class I can. The care and management of backyard flocks is completely different from intensive commercial flocks, and that's what most of our formal class work is in.

As my schedule allows, I'll try to keep an eye on the medical/emergencies section and chime in. Please keep in mind:
1) No one can accurately diagnose a medical condition over the internet! (this goes for humans, dogs, chickens...)
2) You get what you pay for, and my advice is free.
smile.png

3) I'm not a veterinarian. (yet)

I'm looking forward to interacting with you more! This is a great site, I love the friendly, supportive community.

Cheers!

welcome-byc.gif
WE have alot of very experienced chicken peeps here, so we can offer alot as far as helping to diagnose chicken ailments. But it is very good to have a viewpoint from a veterinarian perspective.

Back
Top Bottom