Today I Saw The Largest Chicken Egg I Have Ever Seen

ChickenGirl300

Crowing
Jun 16, 2019
Today, I checked the nesting box when I went outside with my chickens. I always to that, and I was hoping for two, maybe three eggs. But what I was NOT expecting was one massive goose-sized egg. I have never seen one so large. I've seen a few double yolkers when they were younger, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't a triple. I'm not sure if this came from my BSL or Plymouth Rock, but either way, this is impressive, especially from a 4 1/2 year old hen!

6404004266851699794.jpg

The egg next to a normal RIR egg

-4361390352690564132 (1).jpg

The egg next to others in a large size egg carton- Not surprisingly, it wouldn't close!

Today, I checked the nesting box when I went outside with my chickens. I always to that, and I was hoping for two, maybe three eggs. But what I was NOT expecting was one massive goose-sized egg. I have never seen one so large. I've seen a few double yolkers when they were younger, but I'd be surprised if this wasn't a triple. I'm not sure if this came from my BSL or Plymouth Rock, but either way, this is impressive, especially from a 4 1/2 year old hen!

View attachment 2936082

View attachment 2936084
The egg next to others in a large size egg carton- Not surprisingly, it wouldn't close!
Yow that must have hurt!

View attachment 2936082

View attachment 2936084
Lol most of my eggs are that size

Back
Top Bottom