Today is a VERY sad day in my household :o(

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by runamuck, Jan 26, 2009.

1. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    This morning at 11:22 am my darling old dog wolfie left this world that he fought so hard to stay a part of. Our family aquired wolfie in 1993 ( he was almost 16) I was at the shelter looking for a dog since we had gotten a house and I was missing a dog and so was my hubby ( boyfriend at the time). He had to the be the dumbest looking dog in the world but something about him touched me deeply. As I was sitting there looking at him or another dog I notice on his tag he was going to be put down at the end of the day. That did it ...... I made up my mind that this dog was going to be mine ...The shelter did everything in there power to get me not to take him . See he had 3 other owners... 1st owner bred german sheps and collies and he was part off an opps litter...Owner 2 had him 2 wks and decided he was to much work ... Owner 3 broken her hip after having him 2 mo and couldn't care for him anymore. I took him home and he had extreme seperation issue as in he would destroy the house ( I didn't have sheets without rips until he got to old to get on the bed) I tried crating him he about removed his nose. We finally put him on anti anxity pills and it went away . He by far ... Was the smartest... strongest soul I've even had the blessing to meet.
    I will miss him.....

[​IMG]

2. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    [​IMG] I sorry he's gone. He was so lucky to have found you and it sounds like you were lucky to have found him too.

3. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

Sorry for your loss.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Think of him with happiness, not sadness, value the precious time you spent together and hold him in your heart forever!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

In memory of Wolfie:
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...​

6. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Aww I think he was adorable! I'm SO sorry for your loss! It's great that you allowed him to stay even though he caused some trouble for you. He finally found his place in life and lived a good one with you and your family. Kudos to you!

7. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my 19 year old dog, whom we'd had since I was a tweener. It's rough.[​IMG]

8. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him the gift of a long and happy life. I'm a firm believer in the Rainbow Bridge or something very like it. You'll see him again.

Sarah

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I'm so sorry you lost your noble friend.

10. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    [​IMG] Sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by