Today is day 18!!! I will have 8 silkie chicks on the 10th!!!!!!! YAY!

8silkies

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
today is day 18! i just candled and i saw good signs in all 8 eggs. I am 100% sure all will hatch. this is my first time incubating and these will be my first chickens! YAY!

i saw in the eggs that the smaller end was dark, covering most of the egg, and the fat part ws clear, just a small part of the egg. i am soooooo excited! i can't wait till day 21!

hey, i set my eggs at 9pm so does that mean they will hatch around 9pm on day 21? just wondering
smile.png
i candled them at 7pm tonight and took out the egg turner and increased the humidity to 70% to 75%. i did it at night b/c i set them at night. was that right?

Counting chickens before they hatch is going to disappoint you at times.

I hope all goes well. Good luck, Silkies are adorable, if evil.

Quote:
yes, one is hatched and doing wonderful. the others are pipping and on the way.. YAY!

Quote:
i am speaking in faith, so i know they will all hatch.

wow you really counted them before they hatched, just look at your username
lau.gif

i know
smile.png
. i just believe that what you say will come to pass. so i am saying what i want
smile.png
we have lots have LOUD peeps going on...YAY!

hey do you know how to put pics on here? i want to put some pics of the little guy.

Go up to the blue bar across the top of the page and click on the word "upload". Then click the word browse and that should take you to your computer picture files.

I got a picture of him below!!! This is him at about 7 hours after he hatched. He is a white silkie chick.

27362_100_1055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom