Today is day 34 for the muscovies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by apbgv, Aug 6, 2008.

1. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I told the eggs when I left for the night there best be pippage when I get to work in the am. I have been talking to the eggs since I set them ha ha don't know if it helps or not but I want these ducklings!!!!!!!!!!! Lets say they don't hatch tomorrow how long should I wait until I cry 37/38 days???

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    i dont know anything about ducks, but wanted to say good luck !!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. crazychickenchick

crazychickenchick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Australia
    Oh, how exciting! I currently have my muscovy sitting on 12 eggs! But im only on day 13....Oh, the pain of waiting.

Muscovys tend to drag it out more than other ducks. I would wait until day 38 as you said. It can't hurt any waiting an extra couple of days.

4. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    My muscovy eggs were way past the 35 day hatch date and I was considering taking them away from hen.
    I even checked the calender where I penciled it in and sure enough it was past day 40 before they hatched....

5. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    so far nothing, not a rockin, not a pip. I guess watched eggs never hatch:) good thing I am home now maybe tomorrow am I will have 8-8-08 babies. I am hopin otherwise I will NEED some ducklings;)

6. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    MY FIL had some of my duck eggs which are supposed to hatch around day 28 in his incubator. Around day 32 he was going to give up. I suggested he wait a few more days in case his 'bator was too cool. Sure enough, he got 5 hatchlings on day 35. I'd wait till at least 42 with those scovies.

7. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    i looked it up its 35 days for muscovies i always let the ones that dont hatch have 4 days extra

8. apbgv

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Day 36 still nothing:( sad, hope they hatch over the weekend. Otherwise I will have to go on a search for them."I have a bad feeling about this"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by