Today is just my lucky day!!! *Pics added*

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
Story leading up to today:
On December 15th, my parents emailed on a youth saddle on craigslist. They wanted to give it to my daughter for Christmas. The lady emailed back and said yes it was available and you can have it for 50$. My dad wrote and told her that they would take it, left his number and told her to call him with a time and place to pick it up. He never heard anything back. So I emailed and said I was interested. The lady told me the same exact thing. I told her I would take it, asked her if there was a number I could reach her at and left my numbers. Never heard back. So I put an ad on craigslist looking for a youth saddle. Out of the blue, I get an email from the other lady saying that she wants to meet me so I can buy the saddle. I asked where, she told me and we agreed on a time and place. Then got an email a few minutes later that said...sorry something came up, I can't make it tomorrow :O( Not the next day, not hours later..a few minutes later?? So I wrote back and said ok and asked her when was another time that was good. Never heard back??? So I had pretty much given up!

Now the good part!
I got a response to my ad for a youth saddle and the girl said she had 2! I gave her my number last night and she called. she said I could have both of them for free! I was so excited! Well come to find out, she bought them brand new and her daughter doesn't like them much and they didn't fit her pony good.
They are 2 brand new, one was used 1 time, the other never used!
They are 15 inch and fit my horse perfect! She brought them over today and is going to be bringing the leathers and safety stirrups!
One is made by Henri De Rivel. It is Synthetic and leather. The other is made by Derby Originals and it is all leather!

I thought that was sooo nice of her!!! I am thrilled right now!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I am so happy for you!!!!

I had a Craiglist experience sort of like that too. Someone advertised they were looking for bantam chickens. Their flock had been wiped out. Their kids were very upset, .... I emailed that I had a silkie roo they could HAVE if they were close enough. She emailed back and said they would love to have him and they lived about 40 minutes away. After talking with my DH he said he didn't want strangers coming to the house as I am here alone alot. I emailed back and told her I would be happy to meet her in town at her place of choice or we could deliver it to her the next day my DH had off. I never heard anything back! Weird!

Yay, I am so glad it all worked out to a better end for you! I list and search Craig's List a lot, and I get sooooo many people who aren't ..... uhm, what's a nice way to put it...... on the level. Grrrrr! Frequently, these scammers are people who got kicked off Ebay, so be careful! You may start getting scammer emails, be alert!

I got my EE rooster recently off Craig's List- he was listed as Araucana. Not even in the ballpark, but he's a handsome roo and the girls love him.

Congrats on a wonderful deal, and probably a new friend, too!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I did a search on both brands and it does seem that way. I am thankful for both of them, no matter what the brand! And honestly, I would have NEVER been able to afford either of those brands! Growing up I never had a brand new saddle, always used. I was always happy with that. But my daughter now has 3 brand new saddles! We just bought her a brand new western saddle for her birthday in October. What a lucky little girl. Things just happen to be looking in my direction lately. We bought her a really nice lesson horse for next to nothing, then the western saddle for next to nothing and now 2 free english saddles!

I grew up riding english so I am excited to train her english too!

YES!! I was ,of course, thinking it was a scam, but really it was a VERY nice lady who just didn't need them! I felt like I couldn't thank her enough! Not only were they free, but she made the extra effort to bring them to my house!

I got some pics loaded!

This is the Henri De Rivel
SDC10171.jpg

My daughter on her Butterscotch horse/ saddle holder..lol
SDC10172.jpg

Here is the all leather one made by Derby Originals
SDC10174.jpg

And again, Butterscotch and Kenzi modeling!
SDC10176.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom