1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Today is lock down on JJ's Butler eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TedJan92_in_Idaho, Oct 31, 2011.

1. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Today is lock down on my eggs from JJ. They were shipped from Florida to north Idaho (Sagle 83860) if anyone wants to check distance on the ride. A long ways and the furthest I have had them shipped.
    30 eggs sent and 23 set and 14 locked down. It would be nice if they all made it but I am loosing faith in shipped eggs.

Wish me luck!!

2. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Quote:I do Wish You Luck/BUTLERS too.I hope to find someone in Texas close enough for a less than 4H drive this spring when they start laying again. I will drive over and get the eggs and I won't have to sweat the shipping.Butlers is my dream bird.Just Gotta have some!...cva34

3. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    I just went in and recandled. 13 are what is still kickin. Most all have internally pipped. Up the humidity to 59%. I have 15 pairs of Butlers but the lady that had them has been breeding them for years with no new blood. I am wanting a few of these to make it for just that reason. If things go well I will send you some eggs this spring for shipping cost if you're interested.

4. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Sending you hatching vibes Ted!

6. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    Good Luck Ted !![​IMG].... I have hatched 3 different shipments from JJ, usually get around 50% Hatch...

Frank from Bama

7. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    50% would of been good but already dropped below that + I'm probably more than 2200 miles NW of you.. [​IMG]

8. Ducky11

Ducky11 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2011
    Essex
    what is the hatch rate for shipped eggs?

9. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It can be anywhere from 0-100% with shipped eggs. Can't give you an exact number but if you get 50% or higher that's pretty darn good [​IMG]

10. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

I have some of JJ's Sumo's and I had an 85 % hatch but I live closer to him in Florida. But they are absolutely SUMO's, I hatched them in Late March and they are Heading to camp in the next month. Did I happen to say how big they are? If I wanted to breed my own I would use these, they are bigger than the Georgia Giants I had. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by