today is my 18th wedding anniversary

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Aug 31, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    It started out a great day... Hubby told my happy anniversary... Neighbors moved... all excited stupid pit bull gone... I went to sit down in my office chair at the computer... someone lowered it ...so I dropped in it.. it fell over backwards.. hit my arm on the desk on the way down already bruised bad... hurt my wrist ,back and neck(had neck surgery 3 years ago).. I was gonna cook hubby a nice dinner ... maynot happen now(he cooks dinner everyday)... I will try... thinking about going to bed and pulling the covers up over my head

2. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    Doesn't seem like you are having a good day!! I hope it gets better for you. [​IMG]

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Congrats! Not many people can say they've been married 18 years so it's something to be very proud of. Sorry about your mishaps though.

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Happy Anniversary? [​IMG]

We had our 12th on the 1st. Been together 17 years.

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] So sorry that happened to you today of all days. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I'll be celebrating my 16th anniverysary in December - we've been together 18 yrs.
    Hope your day improves! [​IMG]

6. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thanks everyone... I am fixing to go sit in my room in my recliner and try to keep anything else from happening... I am proud of being married for this long,,, most of my friends are on 3rd and fourth marriages except my ex cousin in law ... we lost count after 8 marriages ... I only have 1 friend who has been married to the same guy for 16 years... my parents were married for 22 years before they divorced... so once I pass that mile marker i will be happy

7. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Congrats!!!!

Dh and I just hit 22 years this past weekend. Sorry the day started off so badly. Hope it only goes uphill from here.

8. chickenpea

chickenpea Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2007
    southern md
    mine too!!!!!! and I got pulled over by the cops! ya!first ticket in 23 years at least

9. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Congratulations on your anniversary and I do hope your day gets better.

I made it to 20 years of marriage. Just short1 month of making it 21. Divorced him, stayed away for a year and a half and now have been back together (not married) for another 8 years and1 month. So I can say i've been with the same man for 29 years.

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ahhhh, HAPPY ANNIVERSERY!. Hope the day gets better for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by