Today is the day! City boy learns the dirty business.

Czech's_chicks

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Vista, CA
The love of my life is going to get to roll up his sleeves and get the dirty end of the deal today. Today will be his first venture into dispatching. My Detroit boy has been able to get out of it so far, when my daughter taught her husband how it's done, but no luck this time. Two Muscovy drakes will make their way from the holding pen to the table. I know he'll do a great job, retired Marine aside, because he's starting to love this life (guess I rubbed off on him)

You should at least start him on something easier to pluck and clean than a drake............
Being from Detroit and a Marine, I would believe the dispatching would be the easy part.........

Tell him good luck, it gets easier each time you do it.
thumbsup.gif

Pics would have been incriminating!

Rather than pluck, I skin the scovy, so that's what we did. We took the legs and breasted it out. I offered to show him the goods and where everything was, but I think he thought I looked mad because the last one flung back and sprayed me everywhere...Just got out of the shower and am human again.

He thinks, with enough practice, he can have a duck processed pretty quick. Next will be a whole chicken all by hims lonesome
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom