Today Ive lost my first adult bird, Elizabeth

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ams3651, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Today when I went to feed the birds I did a short inventory in my head like i usually do and noticed one girl missing. I went inside thinking she may be laying but I found her on the floor with her head nestled in the corner, she was gone. Im not sure what happened, her eyes and comb are missing but no other injuries. It was in the 10's and maybe lower last night and I forgot to turn the heat lamp on but its not the first time. It almost looks like she got pushed off the roost. Would the other birds peck at her face like that? Ive lost chicks before but this was one of my originals, an EE named Elizabeth and she was 2 1/2 years old. We named her Elizabeth because of her fancy collar around her neck. She is the grey one on the left in the photo.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I'm so sorry about Elizabeth.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Sorry to hear about your Elizabeth. [​IMG] She was a beautiful bird and I'm sure you gave her a happy life.

4. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    So sorry to hear about Elizabeth - she looked regal, a Queen amongst chickens, it is always so hard when any of our flock dies - may you take consolation that she was ( and always will be ) your girl
    [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad.

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    A sad day for you- I'm sorry for your loss.

7. Bessie1994Snider

Bessie1994Snider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    I'm sorry she was very beautiful. [​IMG]

8. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

I am sorry for u losing her

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by