Today might be the day for my broody hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by skillswife, Aug 9, 2011.

1. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    So I have been letting her out of the next box every morning because she wanted too. She has always been right there waiting for me to open the door. This morning I opened the door and she just fluffed and growled at me. I tried to listen for any peeping but didn't hear any yet. Ahhh I hate waiting, lol. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to see if there are any fluffies under her.

2. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    i am going through the exact same thing! my broody has 6 eggs under her. we usually let her out in the morning, luch time, and at like 5 pm. all of this letting out is so she can poop and dust for like 20 mins. its so hot here we were like ,"the eggs should be fine with out her for a little while!". also she doesnt get up on her own we have to pick her up and put her on the ground out side of the coop she is in. so she needs a little kick to get her feet on the ground and get going! i wish you luck with your babies!

<3 kelsey

3. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Well much to my dismay nothing yet. This morning she got up and off the eggs and I looked hard but didn't see any pips or anything. Hopefully soon, I am getting nervous! By my original calculations hatching date is tomorrow, I just thought they might be early since they are bantam eggs. Best of luck to you too!

4. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    good luck let usknow how it goes

i have 3 mystery eggs from a farm with wilma a buff orpington sitting on them they are dues on the16th ! so excited looks like two out of three possibly working !!!!

5. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    They are all out now, there is another post on here with pics and details:)

6. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    wow amazing!!!

sadly minedid not work out themumhada fight with anoher chickenandcrushedher eggs in theprocessjustdays before hatchning [​IMG]

i did however go and buy somejust to cheer her up!!

she hastookto them verywell anddoing great

7. skillswife

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Quote:So sorry you lost your babies, but I am glad your mama took to the chicks!

8. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    Thank you so much . I've checked this morning and all is good.the last egg has been abandoned days before hatching day!;( it's in the house staying walm with hope but not expecting anything;( it's sad but least some good has come of it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by