Today my rooster atack my 8 week old hen

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FarmerJim2, May 7, 2011.

1. FarmerJim2

FarmerJim2 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2011
    the rooster bite the baby neck and tried to snap its neck . so i left the big roo out coop tonight [​IMG][​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    You just might have to snap that rooster's neck and send him to the freezer. I don't like a rooster who beats up a hen or pullet.

3. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I hope the baby is ok. What a bad rooster. I took mine out because he was trying to mate with them and they are to little I think. They are 3 1/2 months and 2 1/2 months.

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Aww [​IMG]. I hope your babies alright, my rooster did that, only to my brother.
    But, I had ducks try and snap my first chicken [And my favorite]'s neck so I started crying and almost snapped the ducks neck.. but I didn't... I just sent the ducks away.

5. FarmerJim2

May 1, 2011
    I got up morthers day 6:00 am and check my baby and its ok ......lets say the big roo gone to the choping block mange my flock. now I have a 2 year old long horn and 14 babies[​IMG]

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Are you sure your 8 wk old is a pullet??? I'm wondering if it's a cockerel and the big roo is eliminating competition???? Or was trying to...

7. FarmerJim2

May 1, 2011
    I think the baby is a roo then thats 3 roo im flock my long horn is very nice and the roo in the fuzzy pic atacks my long horn

8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Whether the baby is a roo or not, I wouldn't tolerate that in my flock. The big roo would end up in my soup pot if he doesn't take care of the babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by