today my silkie crowed!! SAD DAY!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Feb 2, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    well, i cant have any roosters where I live and today my silkie crowed!![​IMG] or tried too. loud enough to wake me up!! so that means I must ship him back to the breeder.... :( I talled to the breeder and he will send me another to replace him, because I bought a "Hen guarentee"so looks like monday he will ship my new bird. im very sad because I was attached to him. he is a silkie. hes a excellent mother to my chicks! as they sleep with him and follow him around. Im very sad and feel very stressed about this. he would fall asleep in my lap when I petted him!! if i even pick him up for pets the chicks go crazy!! i hope the chicks will be ok... what do you think?? very sad and disapointed....[​IMG] I just hope this new bird wont crow too!!![​IMG]Thanks for listening!!

2. noahsmom

noahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2013
    North Eastern, Ky
    I'm so sorry! :( I have no answers for you, but I feel your pain. It's horrible when you are attached to your animals and must give them up.

3. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    thank you for the kind words! yes it's very sad indeed! at least I know he will have a good home some day! I know the breeder will care for him well. I'm praying my next birds are girls! I'd hate to go through this again! perhaps my luck will change into good luck! I'm trying to look on the bright side. wish me luck! thanks for listening!

4. Angelight

Angelight Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2012
    So sad! I'm sorry! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by