Today on my farm

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by halo, Oct 20, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The weather in Florida is just glorious right now. Low humidity, highs in the low 80's, lows in the 60's. Its just a wonderful time to be here, and a great time to sit outside with the chickies and take some pictures. So heres some pics of my chickens today, blue and black rocks, wheaton Marans (from Katy), and a couple of cuckoo marans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Beautiful birds, beautiful day!

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Wonderful pictures!! Those greys are just gorgeous, must have some!!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:They're blue. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have never been much of a Marans fan (their looks, anyway), but I really like the wheatens! Beautiful birds, Kathy.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, Kathy, how are the temperaments/personalities of the Blues as opposed to the Barred Rocks?

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    They are just very mild mannered chickens. No fights, no squabbles, everyone gets along. The roos that I have now, the splash and the black, are very nice. I dont have them together because they fight each other, but I can go in each pen and neither have ever given me one aggressive moment. When I catch them and pick them up, they just sit there. Thats one thing I really like about them, is their mild disposition.

9. Dang, you must be in south florida because north florida isn't pretty right now. DARK, rain, windy, YUCK! All cuz Ida is close by! Am getting tired of this roller coaster weather we are having! Cold for a few days...blistering hot for a few days...Warm, Sunny, Breezy PERFECT weather for a few days then back up again [​IMG]
    No wonder why everyone keeps getting SICK! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Great pics Halo!!!! Where are you in Florida?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by