TODAY ONLY!! 10 (+1) French Black Copper Marans day-old chicks

crazy4eggsJulie

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 15, 2009
****PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL OR PRIVATE MESSAGE RATHER THAN HITTING THE BUY IT NOW BUTTON****

This listing is for 10 (plus one extra) Black Copper Marans day-old chicks. They are extras from my 10-17 hatch and must ship out TODAY to a zipcode that is only a ONE DAY journey from my zip of 77566. Due to the time senstive nature of this sale, payment must be made via Paypal by 1:00 pm today, so if you want them message me NOW for the paypal address.

Our Black Copper Marans are of the Wade Jean C1 bloodlines which yield the nice terra cotta colored eggs. The first photo was taken THIS MORNING so that you can see the shades of the eggs we are hatching right now. As these same hens continue to lay, their eggs will gradually get lighter and lighter. Some of our eggs are solid, some appear to be "painted," and some are speckled.

Our flock is closed, so these birds have not been exposed to any other Marans bloodlines.

This stock truly has a gentle temperament. My kids can even handle the roosters.

Feathering on the shanks meets the French Standard, not too heavy, not light, but moderate. Perfect for a breeding program, personal pets, and to add those beautiful and SUPER FUN dark shades to your egg basket! The kids will LOVE them!

Our flock has been tested and approved by the Texas Pullorum-Typhoid Program. As required by law, I will provide you with a copy of this report.

My shipping fees includes expedited shipping rates through the USPS (which usually delivers in a day but can take two days depending on your location) and the cost of the chick shipping box.

I accept payment via Paypal and will need a current confirmed address as well as a phone number for the post office to call you at when the chicks arrive. The chicks will be HELD AT THE POST OFFICE for you to come pick up so that they do not have to spend several more hours in transit on a mail truck.

I have included photos of my actual birds and eggs so that you can see how beautiful and healthy they are.

002-3.jpg

Photo taken 10-18-2011

25108_003.jpg

Top Row: Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana. Bottom left: Cochin. Bottom middle: Polish. Bottom Right: Black Copper Marans

25108_012.jpg

6 Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana eggs and 6 of my Black Copper Marans eggs pictured with a white Polish egg and a dollar bill

25108_053.jpg

Our Black Copper Marans Rooster, "Pierre," two of his lovely Black Copper ladies, and the back end of his silver Ameraucana "mistress" who lays our "olive-eggers."
25108_084.jpg

Close up hackles of our Black Copper Marans hens

25108_075.jpg

Even though the flash washes the eggs out in this one, I included it because it really shows the variety of design we get from our BC Marans. Also, it reminds buyers that these hens' laying cycles determine how dark their eggs are. We get both really dark and much lighter eggs daily, depending on the individual hen, how old she is, and what season it is.

Please contact me with any questions. First come, first served. Once these sell, anyone else interested can be put on a waiting list for my next hatch.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom