Today was NOT a good day :/

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by oliviad51, Aug 14, 2010.

1. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    The past week I have been pet sitting my neighbor's guineas, chickens, and dogs. She gave me $60 so I felt like I had to do everything perfect. This morning was the last time I would have had to go to her house. Well we left town at like 4 or 5 this morning to go to Raleigh so I asked my friend if she could let the guineas out this morning. I told her everything to do, but I didn't make myself clear. She let the BABY guineas out!!!! I got a text from my neighbor saying "was everything ok? The baby guineas are out and running around everywhere!" I apologized and told her what happened. I asked her if they were ok. Here's what she said back: " Unfortunatly 4 are dead, and we have been trying to get the rest back in their coop".

Boy do I feel terrible [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I know it upsetting for you. When you take on the responsibility of taking care of someone elses pets, especially when you are paid, it is never a good idea to have someone else do it for you. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm sorry..but you should feel bad.
    I hope you return the persons money back to them...

4. debilorrah

I would make sure they know you are willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to them.

5. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I know it upsetting for you. When you take on the responsibility of taking care of someone elses pets, especially when you are paid, it is never a good idea to have someone else do it for you.

I know its not a good idea, but I had no other choice [​IMG] I feel awful, Im think Im going to buy her some more guineas​

6. debilorrah

Quote:I know its not a good idea, but I had no other choice [​IMG] I feel awful, Im think Im going to buy her some more guineas

I think that would be a very good idea. Along wtih an apology. In person.

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:I know its not a good idea, but I had no other choice [​IMG] I feel awful, Im think Im going to buy her some more guineas

Yep good idea!

8. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA

I agree with Debi. I am sorry that the whole mess happened. [​IMG]

9. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    So sorry.Pet sitting can be a mean thing sometime's.Livestock is a whole diff. ballgame for most people.It's a lot of work and even if you have bird's yourself, they may do thing's different and have more or have certain circumstances for them.I sat some rabbit's and a ferret and cage bird's for a couple diff people but was inside my home and I had raised both many years and it went great.I doubt I would ever volunteer to do someone's farm or bird's.Too many thing's can go wrong.I have enough trouble with my own getting them rounded up at night and the daily routine feeding etc.Hope the rest of the babie's are ok.

10. oliviad51

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    Actually, I have watched her poultry a few times before, and everything went perfect. I didn't volunteer, she asked me and I would never turn her down. She told me not to worry about it, and things happen but I still feel terrible and I'm going to get a few guineas for her when I get home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by