Today was too close

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
We have a Emden gander who can be very trying at times, needless to say he has made mortal enemies of our dogs, our 3 mini dachshunds would never get close enough to challenge him but our mix breed who is medium size had enough today. Samson the gander was hanging out at the back door with his honey Alice the Muscovy when he started knocking on the door which he does often, Our dog Annie must have stuck her head out the doggie door and grabbed ahold of Samson chest feathers because all the feathers were inside the house, I was on the computer when I heard what I thought was someone banging on the back door, went into the kitchen and saw my dogs with feathers hanging out of their mouths, freaked out thinking someone was probably seriously hurt[ lots of feathers not just a few] opened the door and my goose was out in the back yard so knew right off it had to be him, picked him up [which was not an easy feat, could find no injury what so ever. had to look him over real good before I could even tell where the feathers came from, she got him on the chest, thank goodness she couldn't get to his skin. I am hoping he has learned a lesson, He can be mean to the dogs which have put up with alot from him. But I will not let them all be together now with out supervision. I feel very thankful everything turned out the way it did. Other than one time previously my dog has never touched my goose, she was going into the house via dog door when our gander grabbed her butt, she turned around and grabbed him by the neck, thank goodness she let go, it was a warning he never acknowledged.

Well I have to add, I just went to check on everyone and saw blood on my ganders foot, so i picked him up and my husband looked him over real good and found a wound from where the feathers were pulled out, pretty good size wound but again it could have been so much worse, we sprayed with Vetericyn and will do so again tomorrow, All I can say is he is one very lucky goose. And I am one very thankful owner! of both goose and dog.

Glad to hear they are all ok. I don't understand why everyone can't just get along!!
idunno.gif

Although, I can't imagine having an animal that can knock on the door living with dachshunds!! I used to have 2 that would go nuts running (and barking) from door to door when my dad would knock on the coffee table.
th.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Somedays I miss my LH dachshunds (like when I see your avatar) and other days I swear I can still hear them barking!!

I miss mine too ....
hit.gif
now I have mini smooths and they can bark just as loud as the long haired..
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom