Today will be day 22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Oct 8, 2011.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    I have had 15 hatches so far my question is since this eve will be day 22 how long do u usually leave the other eggs in the incubator i'm in no hurry i hope more hatch but what is the longest you usually leave eggs in there for thanks!

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Has anything hatched from this batch of eggs, or have 15 chicks already hatch from this batch? I just need to clarify. I like to wait for at least 24 or 25 days, before giving up. But if you have chicks hatched in the bator along with more un-hattched eggs, then the chicks will need to be pulled out by day three. By pulling chicks from the bator the humidity may have dropped enough to shrink wrap the eggs that were still not hatched.

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I had a hatch that didn't even start till day 24. I'm guessing my temps were off!! [​IMG]

4. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    I have had 15 hatch so far i pulled them last night and the humidity didnt get below 62 when i removed them i did it real fast and had help i watched the humidity level very close and i misted the remaining with hot water (warm) they were knocking the other eggs everywhere

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by