Today would be my sister's birthday

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by wolftracks, Dec 11, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I miss her so much today. She'd be 48. Today is her birthday. She's been gone exactly 5 1/2 years. She beat breast cancer once, had a masectomy, then joined all the walks. She even walked the month before she died. The second time this crappy disease hit her. It just took over her body so fast, she was just gone. She had 2 older kids and then the 2 little ones were 10 and 6. I hate that they didn't have their mommy to help them grow up.

I love you and miss you Susie!

2. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Happy birthday to Susie [​IMG]

3. riane'smimi

riane'smimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    orange va
    Sending prayers your way.It's hard when birthdays and holidays come without our loved ones here with us.I have lost a brother and both parents to cancer.
    My heart goes out to her kids,it still must be soo hard on them.
    Sorry for your loss and the fact that today is full by saddness for you. [​IMG]
    When those days come I find the best thing for me to do is let my mind go back to our childhood as they are good memories for me .That way I can still smile even if there are tears.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  4. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    A friend just lost her sis inlaw to breast cancer at 36. It's such a devastating disease and I hope better treatment options will be available soon. The treatment now is horrible and not a sure thing. Your sister sounds like a real fighter. I'm sorry for your loss.

5. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    Happy Birthday, Susie [​IMG]

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Happy birthday to Susie. She sounds like a wonderful, corageous woman who will be remembered. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Aw Kim. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish I could be there today in your living room to hug you.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Aw Kim. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I wish I could be there today in your living room to hug you.

I wish you could be here tomorrow. It will be 17 months since I lost Bill. Holidays are just not the same without him and top that with my parents and my sister and I just can't get into anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by