Songster
9 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Ocala, Florida
They just found the front yard today!
74804_chicken_pics_150.jpg

74804_chicken_pics_151.jpg

74804_chicken_pics_152.jpg

He's not sure about these funny looking cats, but he sure wishes they'd scratch his belly..but they just think he's a strange looking chicken.
74804_chicken_pics_154.jpg

Thanks! That's only 1/4 of the flock, but the rest were so excited and were on all sides of the house. They normally just hang out in the back and now they realize what nice plants we have all over..great for shade and lots of bugs! They discovered that lots of little critters like to hang out under the little orange trees in the side yard and that they can jump to reach the peaches on the low branches on the other side. I installed a mister that hangs in their favorite shade tree and I put out a couple of pans of water with frozen water bottles in them. It was a sweltering 97 degrees here today and I just had to let them out to play! They had a blast!

What a well-groomed yard! I noticed how the gang was staying in the shade. Florida sun is already hot this time of year.

Yeah, well I'm afraid DH's yard won't be so well-groomed soon! We own a nursery and he does upscale landscaping, so alll of our beds are (were) nicely mulched, but the girls sure like to kick things around to hunt for bugs and worms. We had a beautiful flagstone walkway from the side door to our pool with beautiful landscaping on each side and the girls have covered the stone with mulch! So far DH has not complained too much..I think he may love the gang as much as I do!

Back
Top Bottom