today's Green River Poultry show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by kycowgirl78, Apr 18, 2009.

1. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    I've never been to a poultry show and I attended the one in Brownsville today. I'm not sure what exactly I was expecting but I was a little disappointed. I thought they'd have just all kinds of different breeds but mostly all the chickens were bantams. Also, the large birds they did have, most were several of the same thing and not very many different breeds. I also thought they'd have several breeds for sale at the outside sale, wrong again. Found very little but didn't get there until a little after 11. Did anyone else go? Did I get there too late or is that just a typical show and sale?

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    i was curious on how that went?

how was the prices on what they did have?
    id love to ask more ?s

3. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    any guinea keets?
    if so what?
    what standred breeds?
    tools ,supplys priced reasonibly
    etc.

4. hobbyfarmer

hobbyfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2007
    Kentucky
    Quote:I didn't see any guinea keets but we didn't get there until around 10am. They may have sold earlier.

There weren't a ton of standard breeds for sale but the ones that were there were lovely and reasonably priced, imo. I'm afraid I don't know enough about the different breeds yet to list exactly everything that was there - most of them were bantams, not standard, I think. There were a LOT of silkies for sale.

We got a guinea and a few chickens. Good prices for healthy looking birds, imo.

I didn't see any tools or supplies for sale but the FFA had some veggie starts and flowers for sale cheap.

5. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I think the fall shows have more to offer as far as adults for sale and also this is breeding season......We only brought a young SLW pullet and 1 rooster....the others are not in condition to go to a show. Same with our female call ducks and geese. There were more things for sale at 7:00 that morning but some people get there really early or the night before and buy the good stuff. There is another show in a few weeks.
    Kentuckiana poultry show.....
    Shelbyville
    Shelby County A&M Fairgrounds
    May 16th

There were mostly bantams for sale, ducks and geese....Some people had baby chicks but I didn't ask what kind. We had some wyandottes for sale.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by