Todays Live Trap Catch

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Hillschicks, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hillschicks

Hillschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Luckily for him, squirrels are catch and release at our house... Until they eat my bait one to many times

2. Mygirls20

Mygirls20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2013
    Colorado
    Cute squirrel I was always worried I would get a skunk or something other then a fox in mine but so far I have only caught foxes.

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    If I had some corn cob I would be getting a lot of squirrels.Suprising the amount of meat on those little critters.I never gutted one,but watched on you tube.

4. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Anyday without sign of new possum or coon is a good day... We have fox, but ive never had a problem with them personally

5. Mygirls20

Jan 20, 2013
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    My live trap two days ago

6. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Whats your preffered bait??

7. Mygirls20

Jan 20, 2013
    Colorado
    For foxes? These ones are being fed buy a neighbor [​IMG]So I wire a piece of frozen chicken breast to the back bottom corner so they really have to get on there. They got frustrated they cant pull the chicken out then bam they step on the trigger plate. For the trap shy foxes I wire the frozen chicken cover it in peanut butter then place some dog food on it stick it back in the freezer so everything stiffens up then wire it to the trap same way as before. I will also put a small piece of chicken outside the trap and another before the trigger plate even if they eat the first two pieces and leave they cant help but come back for the rest. Once you trap a fox you have to kill it though. The foxes get to smart and rarely go back in the trap again.

Also I use to not wire the chicken in but they kept getting the mean out without setting off the trap wiring it really helps

8. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    Your neighbor sounds like a pain in the ***

9. Mygirls20

Jan 20, 2013
    Colorado
    Oh they are... they feed coyotes too these foxes and coyotes keep walking up to me and my 2 and 3 year old daughters. :/ just bought a .22 its going to have to be put to use

10. Hillschicks

Jul 17, 2012
    My weapon of choice... You can shoot all day and not waste much money... In your state there is nobody you can contact about this??? Surely there is some legal org that wont like people feeding wild predators... DNR maybe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by