Today's Photo Shoot Starring Barred Rock, EE, and Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Snapped some pictures today of everybody [​IMG]

Spade, Blue Wyandotte:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jesse James, Splash BLR Wyandotte:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The other Wyandottes were being camera shy inside the coop. Munk and Joon stole my chair and Munk looks like she is waiting for a beheading lol!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG] purdies....

3. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL at Munk, she's a Funny Girl! [​IMG]

4. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Munk has a LOOOOONG neck. Too cute. [​IMG]

5. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Hmmm is Jesse James a rooster? Did you name him after Sandra Bullocks husband? Haha I wonder if he'll live up to his name...

Haha otherwhise very cute. I can not get over how beautiful ur little Barred Rock is! And how funny little Munk is!
    You've got some very great girls at ur place [​IMG]

6. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I was wondering that same thing hence the name. Jesse could go male or female. I can't have a rooster where I live but maybe it will end up being a MUTE rooster [​IMG] haha. If it is a rooster I will have to rehome, but I will wait for a crow. Are Wyandotte roosters noisy? [​IMG] [​IMG] Jesse James acts rooish too, especially right now, so I wonder? I will take some updated pictures next week, they are 9 weeks now.

Joon, the Barred Rock, is AWESOME. I love her she is such a total comical chicken, and has no issues pecking my big dog whenever she feels crowded. She doesn't run right away, she investigates and THEN either kills whatever it is or takes off. She is the "boss hen" and it's very obvious. She is real tame and my 5 year old nephew can hold and pet her with no issues.

Munk is a ditz, she flies into walls, chairs, garbage cans. I love her though she is cool, very sweet and loves jumping onto my back lol!

7. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Monk looks just like my Bearda hen! [​IMG]

8. ChOOkens

ChOOkens ►ChOOken In A Box◄

Jun 1, 2009
    Australia
    Great shots! I love the one with one of your chooks sitting at the entrance of the coop.
    You have healthy looking chooks. [​IMG]

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Really nice pictures! I love the one of Spade checking out that sprinkler head. Oh, I love the Joon and Munk shots too, but I hadn't seen much of the new kids yet.

Good looking 'dots!

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Oops I messed up above lol. Jesse James is a pretty sure pullet I think, her tail feathers are weird from an incident that happened before I got them. The one I think COULD be a cockerel is Spade. Wattles are redder then the other Blue girl, and Spade's personality is really coming through. We shall see!

Munk and Joon are so used to the camera they run to me whenever I have it out. The Wyandottes are not used to it yet so they go inside the coop during photo time lol! I am trying to keep a grow journal for them from 8 weeks on to see how they change and such. They are my "wild chooks" very ADHD and spazzy at times. I don't mind but they seem to run into stuff pretty often just because they are just GOING hehe.

Munk and Joon are adjusting to them, Joon is definately making sure her 'queenism' is known. She is the boss, period. No if's ands or butts. She pecked one of the Wyandottes a few days ago because the little one was getting too.. Pushy lol. They are not together yet, I will probably give that a go this weekend sometime. I can't wait to be able to leave the top of the run open and let everybody come and go as they please.

This has been such a great experience. Munk and Joon I raised since day olds, and Butternut, Spade, Chandler, and Jesse James I got as 8 week olds, so I am getting two very different experiences and am enjoying both a lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by