TODAYS PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Southern28Chick, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Now that's what I call lunch:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lt. Colonel Bok Bok is moving in with the girls today but they're more interested in his side of the yard. Can you blame them...look at that grass:
    [​IMG]

Here's the girls' side of the yard:
    [​IMG]

And here's the Colonel's side:
    [​IMG]

See what I mean!

2. Mulemom

Mulemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow! Lucky chickens! That looks better them my lunch!...The watermellon and bananas, that is. I can't belive they left the watermellon just sitting there to go play in the grass!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:The LOVE banana so that was gone in just a few seconds. They're saving the watermelon for later. It'll all be gone by bed time.

4. Mulemom

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think mine have had bananas yet. Those are ususlly gobbled up in the house before they get to the "chicken stage". Now watermellon is a favorite with everyone around here! The horse and mules, love it as well as the chickens and the dogs will steal it from either pen when they can.

How big is that run? It has to ge huge to have all that grass in it with over 20 birds!

5. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

I have serious envy of the fact that you have green things growing without any water! [​IMG] Here in my part of CA when the rain stops in April or May we don't see natural green "grass" until October (when the rain starts again).

And I think it's official, your chickens are the most spoiled -I may start hanging out in their yard! [​IMG]

6. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:The chicken yard is 40'x50' and has 24 chickens in it. Here's a picture of it just before the chickens moved in:
    [​IMG]

7. Mulemom

May 8, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Lucky chickens! Mine have just a small yard, but I try to let them out when I am home.

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I don't free range them so I'm really happy I have a huge yard for them to roam in.

9. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Well, if you ask me...I'd say those chickens DO freerange! You are one awesome chicken mom!!!!

Ellen

P.S. How did the Colonel do with his harem?

10. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Those are some lucky chickens!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by