Toddler days

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Estelleannette, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Estelleannette

Estelleannette Chirping

Mar 1, 2019
    Marquette mi
    I was trying to share a video too but I guess it’s too long. Long story short my toddler was laughing at getting pecked. I kept telling him they think you are feeding them. I also found that our chicks are afraid of bumble bees. They make me laugh everyday

Attached Files:

drumstick diva, Trux and janiedoe like this.
  2. Duck_life

Duck_life Songster

May 14, 2019
    Woods of PA
    So cute, My baby girl loves the birds to.. i just won't let her touch them.

3. Estelleannette

Estelleannette Chirping

Mar 1, 2019
    Marquette mi
    This is as close as he gets to touching them. Unless I take the bantam out. I hold her for him. I always keep hand sanitizer within reach. Lol. It’s really been fun for him. Super glad I got them.

drumstick diva and janiedoe like this.
  4. Duck_life

Duck_life Songster

May 14, 2019
    Woods of PA
    Children and birds are the cutest combination! <3

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    they are unless one or the other gets hurt.

Duck_life and ShannonR like this.
  6. ShannonR

ShannonR Crowing

Sep 17, 2015
    My toddler immensely enjoys chasing the chickens, even the rooster. Not long ago, the day came to process the remaining meat birds. I thought for sure the child would be a little upset. But, it had to be done.... the meaties were getting too big for their broiler shrink bags! I decided that I would not spare my toddler the realities of life and had at it. He not only accepted the butchering process, he thoroughly enjoyed it. His little laughs of glee as I decapitated the birds and blood dripped everywhere thoroughly disturbed me, truth be told. I told him it's where chicken nuggets come from, and then got him some chicken nuggets for dinner. I still question how, exactly, my kid could be so thrilled about such an ugly and unpleasant task but can rest assured he won't be having nightmares over it. Unique kid!!

Estelleannette and Duck_life like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: