1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Toe pecker!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chick named Lola, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Never wear flips flops with your toes painted red around Rose....I learned that today [​IMG] Little Miss Thang thinks they are tasty treats! Driving me nuts. I have to change my nail polish or I won't have any toes left.

Here is my toe pecker:

[​IMG]

2. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Isn't that funny??? Can't wait for flip-flop season to have that problem! Mine just love hot pink! Great pic!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I don't know what your toenails look like but Miss Thang is very nice looking !

4. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    Evil Lookin Stare !

5. Chick named Lola

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Paramedic, lol, she was trying to peck at my camera when I snapped that shot! Silly chicken!

6. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    That's too funny. [​IMG] I actually busted out the 'ol flip flops last week and sure enough I was running for my life from the toe peckers. They are nondiscriminatory when it comes to color...blue, black, purple, orange...doesn't matter. [​IMG]

7. Chick named Lola

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Great, because I LIVE in flops all summer. It will be a toe peckin good time! [​IMG]

8. mogrl840

mogrl840 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Yuma AZ
    had this problem last week haha some dont do it but I have a few and it hurts when they do it.

9. craftymama86

craftymama86 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is entertaining. [​IMG] [​IMG]

When we first got our chickens my hubby and I would take turns digging up grubs and worms for them and one day I had on some slip on shoes but they had these slits(?) in the sides and I had moved my toes and the chickens saw my toes move and they tried pecking right through my shoes, lol.... I ended up changing my shoes. [​IMG]

10. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah,crazy chickens.

I got a pair of rose pink pants out of my archive clothes and those crazy chickens about picked them (with me in them) to death. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by