Toe popped out of place and spur half off an chicken missing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mattsiewrt94, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    My rooster came back a week ago couldn't walk or nothing and I pick him up and his tow is all the way side ways when I seen it I thought I was going to have to cook him but after I felt it I found out it was just popped out so I've been popping it in place but nothing is working I've tied his broke toe to the middle tow it still popped outta place I made sploof and it still is not staying in place and now I havnt seen him around my chickens free range there's only two so I don't know if he's been eaten or what but I'm worried that he's gonna get back and his tow will be healed popped outta place. I had him locked up but I was letting him eat and all that good stuff and tying his toes together helped a lot but he picks everything off his feet. So I don't know if he will be fine with his toe side ways or should I just go ahead and eat this chicken he's about 2 years had him since he was a chick really don't want to and money's tight so I can't really go to a vet :( please lemme know what y'all think if you know a way to help lemme know or if he will be fine with a side ways toe thank you for taking the time to read this

2. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    He should be fine. Just watch him closely and keep doing what you're doing. It shouldn't be too serious for you to cull him. My brother has a chicken that only has 2 full toes. The others are half or just a stub.

3. Mattsiewrt94

Mattsiewrt94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    I would much rather them be a stub than look at a toe that is side ways i don't know if I find him I might try to popped it back into place and buy some of them bandage and cut it so it'll fit

4. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I would too personally. It could be broken. You can try to get it back into place and wrap it to where it'll stay. If you find him, are you able to take a picture of his toe?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by