toes are side ways

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by granny hatchet, Oct 16, 2013.

1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i had a chick born with twisted feet, it walked on the sides of its feet. i made shoes with pipe cleaner and tape and it is now walkin on bottom like it should but the toes are sideways and curled. i have tried the shoes again and i can't turn them. i can straighten them but i dont think thats right. i also tried tape . they are just not going to face up like they should. i also gave the vitamins and looked at a few posts but found nothing useful. it is a 2 week old polish cross and it will be a heavy bird. can anyone advise?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i have read this post before but i learn something new every time. i just put shoes back on her again. for some reason i'm having a really hard time holding her and trying to work. i didn't get them right side up but they will straighten . did you know there is a difference between curled toes and , oh i forgot the other already! haha any how thank you for helping

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well the chick took its shoes off as fast as i put them on ! i thought i did a really good job this time too. pipe cleaner and nothing wrong with my tape, just me i guess. and this is only one of three chicks that i was trying to cross buff polish and rir . i think the arthritis is not going to let me do the job. i have it in my head to try and make some hard soled permanent shoes with velcro closer

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well, pipe shoes back on again ! this chick gonna be grown before i get it right

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by