Tolbunt Polish Cockeral Free to Good Home. - AL

Rose66

Songster
9 Years
Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I have a beautiful Tolbunt Polish cockeral that I need to find a new home for. He is almost 7 months old and he is free. Sounds great, right? I mean the rage now among Polish breeders is the Tolbunt color and here I am giving away a Tolbunt cockeral. Well that's because he does have a problem. He caught Marek's disease several months ago but he survived it. He has some uncoordinated movement but he seems to be improving almost every day. He still eats and drinks like a normal chicken. I have sold all my other polish chickens and don't plan on getting anymore, so he needs to go to a new home also. If your flock has been vaccinated against Mareks or if they have already been exposed to Mareks, then this cockeral would work for you. Marek's disease is not transmitted through eggs so you could hatch the eggs and then vaccinate the chicks for Mareks and you'd be good to go. So if anyone has been wanting to start raising Tolbunt Polish chickens, perhaps this boy will work out for you. I'm located in Auburn/Opelika AL. You would need to come get him because I don't have a clue how to ship older chickens.

Please no one jump on me for trying to get rid of this cockeral since he's got Mareks. I am fully disclosing the problem and if anyone wants him, they will know what the circumstance is. I thought about putting him down but I decided to try to give him away first. If there are no takers on him, then I guess I'll have to put him down because I don't have any hens to put him with and he is lonely.

If you want to see pictures of him, just let me know.

Thanks!

Here are some pics of Tollie. You can search the internet or even BYC and find plenty of info about Meracks (sp?). If after learning more, you would like this boy, just get back with me. Thanks!

I am located in Prattville, AL and am looking to get at least one chicken. I have had many in the past, and with our recent move over the last year, have been unable to get anymore untl now. Please do explain more about him and his personality. Is he pretty sociable? I would love to learn more about im if still available.

Last edited:
I am located in Prattville, AL and am looking to get at least one chicken. I have had many in the past, and with our recent move over the last year, have been unable to get anymore untl now. Please do explain more about him and his personality. Is he pretty sociable? I would love to learn more about im if still available.

Hi BamaChickGirl: Congratulations for being able to get back into chickens! They are really cool pets. Tollie is a sweet and pretty boy. He has never offered to bite, peck, or be mean in any way. He's gets along well with other chickens. He is currently by himself because I sold my polish hens but he did fine when he was with them. Currently, he's not going to come beg to be picked up but once you catch him, he's calm. We got him when he was about 2 months old and just haven't spent much time with him at all. Since he's still young though, I feel he could easily learn that people are good and give yummy treats! He is doing great on his recovery from mareks. His coordination is real close to normal. He roosts, eats, and drinks, just like normal chicken and flirts with the girls that come close to his pen
wink.png
If you decide to get him, I might be able to meet you somewhere closer to you but of course, you are more than welcome to come and see him here.

Hi. Did you find a home for this cockeral? If so, do you have any more for sale or giving away? I know this is an old thread, but had to give it a shot. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom