Tollhouse Cookie Fail

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by debilorrah, Nov 27, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Twice in a row now, the stupid cookies have come out flat as a pancake, not poofy like they ALWAYS do. The butter was really softened - is this the problem?? I put the dough in the fridge hoping it is gonna help.

I have baked these cookies every weekend for YEARS!!!!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

The problem is you're trying to bake them. My family eats the dough before they ever hit the pan...so we rarely get to the stage of worrying because they didn't come out right... [​IMG]

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Are you making the Tollhouse recipe from scratch or using the Tollhouse cookie pre-made dough out of the freezer case?

4. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    maybe your baking powder/ soda has expired?

5. debilorrah

Quote:Scratch. I never use those things from the store. The second batch with the dough from the fridge came out a LITTLE better.

6. debilorrah

Quote:Nope, I just checked - 2011. I am almost at the soft ball stage for my fudge - BRB!!!

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:Nope, I just checked - 2011. I am almost at the soft ball stage for my fudge - BRB!!!

baking powder is only actually at full strength for about 8 months so I wouldnt rule that out. I dont know, usually chilling the dough is good enough.

8. debilorrah

baking powder is only actually at full strength for about 8 months so I wouldnt rule that out. I dont know, usually chilling the dough is good enough.

Yes it seems to be working. The third batch was even better. I beat the fudge too much [​IMG] Oh well, I flattened it with my buttered hand. [​IMG]

9. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    As long as the fudge tastes good who cares how flat it is.....LOL

10. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    I will take all the flat, messed up, stereotyped cookies.....I dont discrimniate!! You have my address.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by