Tomahawk BC300 Trap Works

Fairview01

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Received and set Thursday evening. No assembly required. Nothing Friday morning. Added a cheap Wal-Mart cat toy and peppered it with catnip at the entrance of the trap. Couldn't resist it and was waiting in the trap wanting
IMAG0400.jpg
to eat me Saturday morning.

Nice! That's a beautiful cat. What did you do with it?

You really want to know? In Texas bobcat are considered varmits along with coyote, hog and mt lion. No season, no limit, no protection can be taken by any legal means except by poisoned bait which the use is regulated and permitted by the state. Probably as many bobcat in tx as there are armadillo.

Last edited:
Really? I never knew that. I would love to visit Texas, seems like a beautiful state. Glad you caught this guy before he got your chickens

Really? I never knew that. I would love to visit Texas, seems like a beautiful state. Glad you caught this guy before he got your chickens
He already got 2 of my nicest cockerels that were in the grow out pen for next year's breeding stock. This is the third one so far.

First one killed my entire laying flock last year in one night. Wheeled out some 450 lbs of wheaten marans and white Plymouth rocks in the garbage container last December. Second one like this one would reach through the welded wire and pull body parts through then wire.

045.JPG
044.JPG
076.JPG
This s is the second one trying to figure a way inside the pen. And the coyote show up after the cat leaves to scavenge any bits and pieces.

I've got zero tolerance for these varmits.

Attachments

• 093.JPG
    093.JPG
    456.6 KB · Views: 10
Oh, I'm sorry to hear all that. They say no animal is an enemy in nature but when they do that much damage, they must be taken care of. Don't blame you one bit!

x2! ETA: before it got to your remaining chickens :(

I'm interested that your chicken is out in the run with the bobcat right there in the trap - was the bobcat so quiet that the chickens didn't know it was there?

I have really stupid chickens. What else can I say.

They stand there and have a staring contest with a fricking bobcat. Look at the date time stamp on that first pic. Its correct. Not all but the majority of these occurrences occur during dusk immediately after sunset or dawn before sunrise while the idiots are in the run milling about. Its 725pm and those white blobs are my Cornish right in front of that cat.

This morning at 545am no bobcat. At 715 when I went out to fill water he was in there. The Cornish was completely oblivious to the cat. Business as usual even when I fired the .22 Hornet.

Back
Top Bottom