-Preparation Time: 5 mins
2 Egg Whites
1 Whole Egg
Small handful of spinach (chopped)
1 Onion Slice (diced)
1 pat of butter
2 Tomato slices
Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Basil (1 large leaf, or 3 small leaves)
Salt

Place the pat of butter in the pan and allow it to melt. Add diced onion slice and allow to cook until soft.

Mix the Egg Whites and the Whole Egg together in a cup, dish, or any appropriate container. Pour the mixture over the cooked onion and cover with a lid. Once the outer edges have settled (and the middle is still soft, add the spinach to the top and salt lightly if desired. sprinkle the parmesan cheese lightly over the spinach and cover again.

After a short period of time (a VERY short period of time... remember, that eggs cook quickly and burn easily), place the tomato slices side by side on top of the egg and top with the fresh basil. Cover slightly and allow to cook a bit longer for the tomatoes to soften.

Remove and serve.

That sounds WONDERFUL! I love spinach - and basil - and tomatoes - and eggs! My spinach and basil should be ready to pick in a few weeks - and I think one of the first things I'll do is make this recipe. I may substitute feta for Parmesan, though. Thanks for this recipe!

Penny

I just harvested a LOT of spinach the other day... and I just planted some fresh Thai basil in my garden. I'm planning and switching up the recipe for what I have on hand when the basil is ready. Mmmm

Back
Top Bottom