Tomato Sandwich.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 1acrefarm, Jul 19, 2008.

1. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Who here thinks a tomato sandwich is just awesome? I don't mean the store bought tomatoes. I mean the ones vine ripened in your own backyard and grown with no chemicals. I don't have to have a BLT although they are great. Just give me a ripe homegrown tomato, some dukes mayo, fresh ground pepper and wheat bread and I am a very happy camper.

2. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I have the mouse in one hand and a tomatoe sandwich in the other!! No Dukes though, I am a Mircale Whip guy.

3. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I'm going to avoid this post, and others like it until I have tomatoes on my vines!! (well, technically I do but they are tiny and still some time until I get to actually pick one)

4. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Be careful there. Don't get those hands mixed up.[​IMG] The Mayo brand can budge a little but I gotta have my tomatoes home grown.

5. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Tomato sandwiches are the BEST! I make BLTs every day for like a month, until I finally get over the first-of-the-tomato thrill. Then it's salsa, salsa, and more salsa.

6. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Hellman's Mayo, all the way.

7. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I'm so jealous. My tomatoes plants are just now producing. I have a "few" little green tomatoes. It's so hot here the plants don't want to set.

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Quote:Best Foods it is known as west of the rockies
    does it say that on the Hellmans' jar, cuz on Best foods jar it says also known as Hellmans

9. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I did change how I eat mine last year. I used to slice it nice and thin and then put 6-8 slices on the bread. NO MORE! Now I just trim off the top and bottom and put a 2-2 1/2 slice in the bread and eat away.

Gotta go to the garden, I need another one!

10. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Try stacking basil leaves instead of lettuce. Yummy.

Hellman's is just Hellman's here, not Best Foods. It's much less sweet than the other mayo's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by