Tomato Sandwich.

1acrefarm

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
Georgia
Who here thinks a tomato sandwich is just awesome? I don't mean the store bought tomatoes. I mean the ones vine ripened in your own backyard and grown with no chemicals. I don't have to have a BLT although they are great. Just give me a ripe homegrown tomato, some dukes mayo, fresh ground pepper and wheat bread and I am a very happy camper.

I'm going to avoid this post, and others like it until I have tomatoes on my vines!! (well, technically I do but they are tiny and still some time until I get to actually pick one)

Be careful there. Don't get those hands mixed up.
smile.png
The Mayo brand can budge a little but I gotta have my tomatoes home grown.

Tomato sandwiches are the BEST! I make BLTs every day for like a month, until I finally get over the first-of-the-tomato thrill. Then it's salsa, salsa, and more salsa.

I'm so jealous. My tomatoes plants are just now producing. I have a "few" little green tomatoes. It's so hot here the plants don't want to set.

Quote:
Best Foods it is known as west of the rockies
does it say that on the Hellmans' jar, cuz on Best foods jar it says also known as Hellmans

I did change how I eat mine last year. I used to slice it nice and thin and then put 6-8 slices on the bread. NO MORE! Now I just trim off the top and bottom and put a 2-2 1/2 slice in the bread and eat away.

Gotta go to the garden, I need another one!

Back
Top Bottom