Tombstone welcomes a finished coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Egg Rookie 2010, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    We are making a little village of sorts on our place...a jail (garage), saloon (well house) and of course a mercantile store (which is the Tombstone Eggery too) Our birds mostly have names like Wyatt Earp our roo, his ex wife Mattie, girlfriend Josephine, Big Nose Kate girlfriend of Doc Holliday....our horses are Calamity Jane, Doc Holliday and Buffalo Bill Cody...you get the picture.... My hubby mounted the sign today! There are photos from the construction on my page. This has been so fun and Ill have him build another one in the spring!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    How cool is that!!!! I am soooo jealous! I have always wanted an old western town theme for my chickens. I even showed this pic to my hubby, but I dont' see him running outside to the work shop to do any work on my old coop...[​IMG]

Great job! [​IMG]

3. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    It makes us laugh how hard it is to make something brand new look old! Usually the other way around!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe you could add a dude ranch so chicken people can enjoy your beautiful area. Your hubby has talent! Where did you find him?

5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice.

6. julnjake

julnjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    SW PA
    Too funny! I just told DH yesterday as we are in the process of building our coop that I wanted to put a front porch on it to look like an old west store! The Chick-a-Dee Saloon! He thought I was crazy! Can't wait to show him yours!

7. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    I love your coop. So original and creative.....you must be so happy everyday to be hanging out there with your chickies! [​IMG]

8. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] that is great...what a great looking coop.... we were talking about doing the samething ....Dh calls our coops "Chicken Town"

9. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    WOW, that's way cool. Love it. Amazing what people come up with.

10. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Quote:x2 I looove the western theme idea!!! That is terrific! I love it!! GREAT Job!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by