Tomorrow is LockDown!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by littlecreekfarm, Dec 25, 2011.

1. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    OMG i cannot believe that tomorrow i will take my turner out and increase humidity!!! I will candle tonight or tomorrow and then i will into lockdown!!! Hatch date is this Thursday!!! [​IMG]
    any hatch buddies?

2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Tomorrow is lockdown for me as well. Silkie eggs!!

3. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Awesome good luck!!! I love Silkies!!! Mine are mutts. I can't wait im going to the feed store today to get chick starter!!!
    i saw an embryo move last night!!

4. williamsl77

williamsl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    I went into lockdown last night! Hope it goes well. Can't wait to see. Are you seeing any rocking yet? When does that start? This is my first hatch....

5. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:hey this is my first chicken hatch too! I've hatched turkeys by broody hens...but this is my first chicken hatch! Good luck with your hatch!! Not yet but i saw an embryo move when i was candling........i hope to see pips and rocking within a few days!!!

6. just2rosey

just2rosey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    New Kent
    [​IMG] Hey, LittleCreek. How are the eggs doing? Any peeping from the incubator yet? Tomorrow should be hatch day, right? [​IMG] I would love to hear updates.

7. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:well i saw an egg rock last night!!!!! I cant wait!!! I wanna candle them soo bad or hold an egg up to my ear and listen but i know i shouldn't [​IMG] and yes tomorrow is hatchday!!! I can't wait!!!!! I'm constantly checking my bator for pips or rocking or peeps!!!! When do they usually pip? or Peep?

8. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I am in a lock down since yesterday! [​IMG] I am still waiting like a very nervous mom.[​IMG] I want to hold them so badly ! and I worry too much because its my first time trying to hatch them since I was little.[​IMG]

9. just2rosey

just2rosey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    New Kent
    Hard to say, it depends on how your temps have been running. If your temps have been spot on, then they should start pipping last half of day 20 and hatch on day 21. If your temps ran a degree or two cooler than is ideal, then they could hatch a day or so later. If your temps ran a tad high, they could hatch a bit early. Having a rocking egg today suggests that you will start seeing pips soon and hatch right on time. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Good luck, I hope you have a great hatch.

10. littlecreekfarm

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Quote:thebanthams: I wanna hold my eggs so bad and candle and listen for pecking or peeps!!!!!

YAYAYAY I am soooo excited i've literally been hovering over the incubator and looking for pips and peeps and rocking!!!

And the temperature has gone up and down and normal, it's been normal for a week or so. The only thing im nervous about is that i started with hand turning, and about a week and a half ago i switched to auto turner b/c i was going out of town. But when i candled the embryo looked normal and one embryo even moved!!! I put a video of candling on youtube

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by