1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Tomorrow is the Big Day .. ** TWO IS HERE **

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Crazy4Chicks, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Ok looking at the calendar tomorrow is Abbey's due date ....

CHECKLIST

dog create ready ---- check
    heating pad in crate ---- check
    extra towels ---- check
    med supplies ---- check
    checked to see if Abbey's milk dropped ( it has ) ---- check
    Abbey is acting a little diffrenet these past few days ---- check

Ok now the fun part -- hurry up and wait

wish her luck - this is her first litter

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Julie

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  2. How exciting for you.......... pictures coming soon right [​IMG] hope it all goes great !

3. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Good luck Abbey. Just remember breath and push LOL. How fun I love babies. PICS. PICS. we need PICS.

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    forgot to add that to the check list -- camera ---- check

I normally dont like taking pics of the pups right after birth - because some people who have never owned boxers - do not realize they are born with tails - and that you have to have them removed when pup is around 3 days old ( some people just dont get it ) but for all you BYCers I will get pics as they arrive - still not sure how many - she is not that big but vet seems to think there might be a pup or two hiding in her chest area waiting to drop once everyone starts to move out of the way.
    I am hoping for a small litter since its her first - that way she will not have to many to fuss about till she gets everything figured out.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Julie

5. picklespickles

picklespickles Songster

Oct 27, 2007
    [​IMG]

6. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Songster

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    My dog (i will not post the breed to avoid conflict) Had 15 pups her first litter. I was shocked because she didn't seem that big. You never know for sure how many babies are hiding in there. For her sake hopefully it will be a manageable number. It is amazing how naive people are. You would think if they were interested in a breed they would learn at least the basics of the breed you know like they are born with tails. DUH Good luck with your babies I hope they are all healthy little pups.

7. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Songster

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    hmmm if the breed your dog is what i think it is ( BTW i love that breed also ) my neighbor has them - he has one due to have pups any day , one that had 10 pups about a week ago, and another that had 11 pups about a week ago !!
    I really hope Abbey has about 3-5 babies that would be great since I already have homes for 5 [​IMG] hopefully she has at least that many or there are a few people that will not be getting a baby [​IMG]

Julie

8. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    SOOOO??? Any news?[​IMG]

9. Freebie

Freebie Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Bloomingdale, MI
    Yes, yes, any signs of labor?

10. Katy