Tomorrow is the day

Southern Gardener

Songster
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Louisiana
we process our red broilers and let me tell you I can't wait! It's hot now and they STINK! I doubt I'll ever do these birds again.

chix4smokin

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
how old are they? be interesting to see what they weigh.. mine are 8 weeks old along with my cornish x. the cornish will be on the chopping block next saturday

Southern Gardener

Songster
11 Years
May 2, 2008
Louisiana
Mine were 10 weeks - I would have kept them a week longer, but it's so hot here now - the high today is 96 and the flies are unbelievable!

We got up at 5:30 this morning and started at daylight and finished 16 birds by noon. My mom came around 9am and pitched in - she can pluck a chicken in no time flat. I haven't weighted any - I just wanted to get the job over with. What a nasty business! They are now in two ice chest and I'll package them for the freezer tomorrow. Not sure that I'll ever do this again.

gaberdeen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Byram, NJ
Gonna give my cornishes 2 more weeks which will make them 10 weeks old. Bought these by mistake at a tsc not knowing anything about chickens when I bought them. How often is it that you get to eat your mistakes?

ohiofarmgirl

Songster
11 Years
Jan 22, 2009
mine are about a month... but they are already sealing their fate (as if it werent already!)... i went in there this am with feed and they started pecking at my feet! go ahead little chickie... heh heh heh.. i'll have the last laugh....

Whispering Winds

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bond County, Illinois
I won the bid on the book on how to build a chicken plucker machine . . .I would happily share the book with someone, if they would like. Just pay the shipping, which shouldn't be too much . . . I can make a copy and take it in to be weighed. PM me.

Top Bottom