Tonight is FFA banquet, kinda sad

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by flyingmonkeypoop, May 29, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Tonight is our FFA banquet. I have been an officer for a whole year, been a member for two years and this will be my last meeting. We had to write a retiring speech up, mine is 2 pages long. My advisor said its kinda funny that I have only been in FFA for two years and have a two page speech while the other officers have been in it for all four years and only average a half page speech. I wrote my speech a month ago and went over it today and it kinda made me sad but happy. In my speech I talk about my fun two years which it has been a blast. My final sentences are "From soil judging to dairy foods and from working in the green house to helping at fair, lunch in the ag room to barnyard olympics in the gym, these last two years have been some of the most memorable and the best of my high school years."
    How was other FFA members banquets?

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Sounds like it will be a bittersweet evening for you...

What great memories you will have to carry on with you into your wide-open future.

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    My junior year one was very sad. I was Vice President and the high school was closing so I knew I would be at another high school for my senior year without FFA, poultry judging, or the livestock team or greenhouse:( I loved FFA and going to Washington DC for FFA during the summer.

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    You will remember FFA forever-I know I have. I was so sad when I retired from 4-H and FFA, I know how you feel.

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I was never a member of FFA, but I did and still do support the local FFA by purchasing the blue & gold sausage & other goodies that are sold for fundraising. [​IMG]

6. Parson's Wife

Parson's Wife Blessed Abundantly

Jan 22, 2008
    Arkansas
    I was in FFA for 4 years, the last 2 years I was our FFA Reporter.
    I remember being a Senior....the beginning of the year-awesome, toward the end, starts getting kinda sad,...was a lot of tears happy and sad at my graduation....course it was kinda rushed, my sister was in labor.... [​IMG]
    But still a good time, good memories, and what ever you do, where ever you go...be safe! Enjoy.
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I loved it, like Parsonswife said, at the beginning of the year I was so happy and excited, then the last couple weeks it has been kinda like whoa where has the year gone kinda thing. Seniors last day is tomorrow, then its senior trips next week and yearbooks on the fifth. It was funny, at the first soils contest at the beginning of the year one of the members said "dang, there arent any mormons here, now its just the chicken kids and everyone else" before we had like 15 mormon kids in FFA, most of them did missionary work this year and there are about 8 chicken kids in the chapter so we are now the big 'minority' in FFA.
    One of the things that I like about FFA is that it helped me alot, I used to be terified of big groups but now I love large groups, I can speak easily and confidently infront of hundreds of people. It has also helped my people skills, I used to be shy but now I am way more outgoing. When I went in for an interview the guy said that the FFA and 4-H kids stand out because we are always so self confident which is true. I stil remember at officer retreat how I was still shy then and within a month of being officer it was like a 360 change.

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

congrats, Mikey!

It just shows that you're growing up...

9. eggcochin_freak5

eggcochin_freak5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Georgia
    At our FFA banquet, my ex boyfriend showed up drunk.....that is why hes my ex. that was well.......bad

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats!

I was in FFA all four years of my high school career and hated almost every minute of it. I was reporter, asst. reporter, and even President. Unfortunately our adviser should have retired Loooooonng ago. He created so much stress for us! Banquet was the worst! He didn't tell me until two weeks ahead of time that we needed to order the supplies for it. We rushed and rushed to get everything done and every little problem was blamed on me as President! Banquet ended up going fine, but I was glad it was all over!

My experience was unfortunate because I've seen other chapters and they have wonderful advisers and they all have fun. Our chapter did nothing but paper work! There was nothing Agricultural about it!!

What kind of officer were you?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by