Tonight is the night.

terrilhb

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
We were going to put our eggs in the incubator tomorrow, but they are going in at 8 p.m. tonight. I am so excited and nervous. I can hardly wait. Just praying we do it right. This is our 1st time incubating so we are only starting out with 12 eggs. Anyone else starting their eggs today?

I know how you feel about the nervous thing, I pick up my frist batch of eggs Monday morning and will be setting them that evening. I truly hope things go really well for you
smile.png

I am also putting my first ever eggs in today! I got the eggs in the mail this morning. I'll let them rest for 12 hours and they they are going in tonight. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my incubator at a firm temperature. It seems that when I run the fan in it the temperature keep bouncing all over the place.. So I might go with still air.. not sure yet.
I have 24 eggs. 12 different species. Super excited and of course nervous..!

Im getting eggs tomorrow and putting them in tomorrow night in a homemade bator 24 to be exact of of different chickens from different people around town. If this works i will be excited !!!
celebrate.gif

We are starting out tonight as well at 5pm. Never incubated eggs before. We were going to start with a dozen but somehow we ended up with twenty in there... It escalated rather fast. We are using some mutt eggs from our ee roo and a bunch of random breed hens. We'll see if he really is as bad as he thinks he is.
big_smile.png
Is everyone vaccinating? I might...

Well they went in at 8 pm last night. Looks like there are going to be a few of us having babies on the same day. I can not wait. These eggs came from my hens. We only did 12. I wanted to do more but hubby said to start out small 1st time. Happy incubating and hatching to everyone.

jumpy.gif
This is our first time incubating. We got 60 eggs from the UofA. Candled and went down to 45 eggs. It is day 20. I can see the eggs wiggling. It is cute and we are so excited! Can't wait for them to hatch out. Our daughter starting showing chickens in 2010 and some of these hopefully will be showable.
We've been building the brooder box. Does anyone have the space requirements for chicks in a brooder box so we can tell if we have it large enough but not to large? Don't know if all 45 will hatch or not.
Also have 150+ eggs in 3 other incubators. They are on day 3 I think. My husband has gone overboard. He and Rachael are loving it. Don't know where all these birds are going when they get big enough. May sell some to the feedstore, may give some away to friends, just not sure....

Back
Top Bottom