Tonight.. MY good friends dreams died

runamuck

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
Northern michigan
My girlfriend ... One of the kindest ladies alive, barn caught fire and she lost everything .... She had moved all the animals in for the night ( Many are usually in outside hutches) She did this since its going to get downright freezing tonight here in Northern Michigan ( possible - 10) And also .... Had some Blue eyed mini rex and other bunnies due to have babies sooo she put heat lamps on them to give the babies a chance at life. "sigh" Her lil serema flock...... And her grandsons Serema 4h showmanship bird and all his ladies didn't make it. I'm feeling so down and frustrated... She worked so hard and long to get quality animals to have them all die in one fell swoop. I'm sooo tired of the cold . I truely.... honestly truely HATE Winter!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no.
sad.png
I am so very sorry. That has to be just heartbreaking and devastating. I can't even begin to imagine.
sad.png

I've had this happen to me before, used a light supposedly never able to catch fire. Got tipped over some how and caught fire. Was horrible. I believe solely on insillation now, I will never use electric anymore unless its just to heat my waterers. I know how it feels, all the time and effort and money wasted. Does she have insurance?

I'm not sure if she has insurance.... I will go over tommorow to help anyway I can...Shes feeling extra bad due to some of the bunnies were my daughters and a couple of the chickens were mine but on loan so she could get eggs to hatch out of them... The hardest I think for all of us to take is the loss of blue bunny a 4 yr old mini rex doe... Out of my daughters Champion mini rex buck who was nesting tonight. I met my friend selling her blue bunny... Thanks for the kind words everyone

I am so sorry for your friends loss. Perhaps her local friends could all chip in and each give her some of their stock and help her that way recoup some of her losses. I know it won't be the same, but at least it would be a start.
Prayers and hugs coming from her to there.
Ruth
hugs.gif

So Sorry for both of you and your children.

It is true that she will feel so responsible for this happening, but your sadness could bring you closer. She really needs a huge hug right now as do your children.

Good luck to you all and I hope you are able to develop a new set up by summer. It is clear that you really care for your animals so much, make this your strength and do it all together.

hugs.gif

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom