Tonight's Show! (pictures)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Starring "The Ladies" :

Monica - 6 month old Dark Brahma
    Joon - 5 month old Barred Rock
    Munk - 5 month old Easter Egger/Ameraucana
    Butternut - 4 month old red Wyandotte
    Phoebe - 4 month old Blue Wyandotte

(It was evening and dark enough so the flash was going off, that's all the bright light and funny coloring lol. Also, still waiting on eggs! No eggs yet from these girls. Although Joon is MUCH redder then she has been.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    Oh what beautiful healthy looking girls.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you! I can definately account for their happiness haha, they sleep on a silk pillow through the hottest part of the day, and spend the rest of the time eating bugs and dropped figs (which they LOVE now). I am excited for eggs and think Joon will be the first to jump off the wagon and lay.

The dog in the background is my pit bull who gives the chickens a respectful amount of space. More then once Joon has nearly bit his ear off because he was trying to get her treats. And yes, he runs from her, ever since she was 8 weeks old she RULES this poor dog hehe.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

They're looking SO good!

(Isn't it nice to hear compliments about your girls? Today the 'net technician was here and after he'd been here a while, some of the flock wandered around from the back yard and gathered around my front door. The tech nearly tripped over Buffy and Rhoda and he said, "NICE looking girls!" Before he left, the Sebright boys and Carl were showing off, too, and he was very impressed with Carl.)

You take great photographs. I love looking at your girls.

5. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Your Carl is my inspriration to get an Easter Egger rooster when I am finally able to have one. I did have a little EE boy who was starting to look SO handsom, but I can't have roosters where I live so I wasn't able to keep him. He will be a good looking fellow too!

I love teaching people about the different breeds and smashing all the wives tales that you need a rooster for eggs, and how dirty chickens are. My girls spend 11 out of 12 hours a day preening and getting beautified. Sure they poop in the coop, but I have never seen poop or clods of dirt on any of these girls. Plus, the different personalities is GREAT to watch and see. I love it, cheap entertainment and CHEAP therapy!

6. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    They Look really nice [​IMG]

7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Hey Kalie!! Yay! You finally updated!! They are so BIG!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by