Too cute for words

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mama Maya, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Mama Maya

Mama Maya Out Of The Brooder

Even though this is a turkey and not a duck - my mommy heart went 'pound pound' [​IMG]

2. inkedlady

inkedlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2013
    Stoke-on-Trent. Uk
    Aww that's so cute :)

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I saw this last year, if ya'll have never seen it before watch it you'll be blessed. I just read your sig and see that your Zooks wife, that's so sweet your both here. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  4. Mama Maya

Yes, I was truly blessed by the video especially so close to having just become a ducky momma.

[​IMG]

We are both here for sure ... mom and dad tend to want different answers to different questions. I'm more of a nurturer in mommy mode but look to the care etc as well.

Today, Turbo went out twice and followed me around and had a nice walk through a big puddle, which he thought was pretty awesome - us too. To dry off, Turbo has a laid-out towel in the kitchen to warm up as he preens, with the wood stock going. Suck!! [​IMG]

And... his feathers are showing [​IMG]

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    He is just too cute, you have to keep the pics coming so we can watch all the changes too. My dh and I got to be ducky parents a couple years ago. We enjoyed that time so much. It is a very special experience.

6. Mama Maya

[​IMG] Turbo - 4 weeks Muscovy - running back to Momma - big black legs make me think Boy![​IMG]
    [​IMG] Annoying Mommy by pecking at her feet - getting pretty hard those pecks [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Turbo pretending it wasn't him lol [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Turbo stocking up on Ammunition - [​IMG]

Some updated pictures of TURBO - He sure is growing fast and his feathers are emerging quite nicely. So cute... MY BABY!!!

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    He sure is a cutie.

8. zook

zook Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Does Turbo look like a boy? We tend to think so but only raised 4 ducklings this year from about 2 weeks old on so nobody to compare him too now. If a drake we want to get him a black, and blue duck for his own little harem. Maybe even a chocolate.

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Yes, i wouldn't bet the farm on it but that protruding chest, the stance.. the bulk...

here i'll show some of mine... March hatch, the bird to the far left is the only duck.. the rest all drakes. I think the stance is quite clear in this shot between the sexes.

[​IMG]

Later on..

[​IMG]

Another... These were all last years, a clutch of 9 there is a duck in there way off to the back 2nd in, rest all drakes. Yes, i just raise drakes here. It's my dream [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. zook

zook Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Yes, the top picture of your young drakes, Turbo's look is dead on to the one on the far right. Is the duck on the far right the same duck on the right in the 2nd picture, Turbo has some black feathers coming in as well as lots of white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by