too cute....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shadust1, Jun 8, 2011.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    ok so yesterday we decided to carry the ducks back down to the pond to let them try and get used to the area so they will start to got swimming in the pond....we just put them on the edge of the pond...we left them there...of course they just stood there scared.....we had to pull our van up to the house because my sisters neighbor was coming to look at it to buy it....so we did that....jeff was moving the tractor to go back down to the barn to start working on the horse poop when i looked down to see if the ducks got into the pond....lol....they were right in the hay field..kinda hiding..lol...they waddled there way back up to the house...back to there house..lol...so i guess its gonna be a struggle trying to get them to live down by the pond....i really really hope that they do go get into the pond...that is the reason we got them...but if not im good with having to refill there pool every 2 days...lol...

we r in the middle of finishing up the fencing to move the chicken coop down by the pond also so maybe once that is finished and we put the ducks house down by them they will find the pond and start swimming!!! guess time will tell!!!

2. tink0602

tink0602 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    LOL, well at least they found there way back. I know ours at first we're totally frightened of the kiddy pool [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by