TOO early for gender?? SILKIES UPDATE PG 3

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by silkiechick05, Nov 4, 2009.

1. silkiechick05

silkiechick05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Okay. Let me just say i am so impatient!

Is it STILL too early to tell the sex??

There are a total of three... One buff and two blueeeeeeeeeee [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    LOL way too early! but very pretty:)

3. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:DANG IT!!!

I am really hoping for either all pullets or one cockerel and two pullets...

If i did get one boy out of the three, would he rub the females' backs featherless??

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:DANG IT!!!

I am really hoping for either all pullets or one cockerel and two pullets...

If i did get one boy out of the three, would he rub the females' backs featherless??

depends on how agressive he is-I have 1 roo in jail right now becuase he was ery mean when it came to mating-the other roo is the most gentle creature to her...no naked backs ever for me-YET!!!

5. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I would really like to show the little peepers if they are of quality when they are older.

They came from a very good breeder.

So we'll see

6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    ROTFL
    I just love Silkies at this age! Look at those cute little faces! Those fuzzy bodies and big eyes! How darling!

The blacks appear to be boys but I can't tell about the buff. Or maybe it is the same black I am seeing in each photo but I know one is a boy. I can tell better with closer head shots and profiles.

Again, they are just adorable! Mine never slow down long enough for me to see them. They are raised with the flock most of the time and run around like heathens. Once mine get up to this age though, I start holding them and looking for those tell tale signs.

7. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:They are little heathens!!!

I will try to get some head shots... if i can get them to stay still for a second!

They are so defiant. I have to chase them around all the time -- always in trouble.

What age do i need to practice handling them/clipping toenails/ filing beak...??

I do try to pick them up but the flap and scream

8. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    There all Roo's............................ So, I guess if you want to you can just box them up and ship them to Oklahoma [​IMG] JK it's still a little too early to tell, but I know what you mean about being impatient. I can't hardly stand it..... the waiting and waiting and then some more waiting.

They are precious!

9. silkiechick05

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I only paid 25 bucks for all of these pain in the rears

[​IMG]

They are so worth it.

I hope they are NOT all roos...

Don't scare me like that Cammy!!

10. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] I've felt a little devilish today, please forgive me [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They are very pretty babies. Looks like you got you a good deal. The buff looks pretty clear, but I don't know much about buff, I have heard it is a hard color to breed. So, looks like you might have you a good start there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by